The standard answer is Yes… with some limitations. Your Utah Auto Insurance Policy allows for the permissive use of your vehicle (you gave them permission to drive it).

That means if you let someone borrow your car to run an errand, or use it temporarily, then your auto policy will cover them while they drive it.

The key here is the intent.  If you give permission for them to use it on a one-off or temporary situation, there is coverage. If you are providing your vehicle to someone for regular or prolonged use, then you need to have that person added to your auto insurance policy.

Remember, coverage is limited to the actual coverage you have on your vehicle.

I need to talk to a Real Person