We all are budget conscious, especially when it comes to our daily living. Every prudent person should look for ways to save money on their everyday items.
There are several hundred factors that determine the rate you pay on your auto insurance. Some you can control, some you can’t.
Here are a few things you can do to save on your auto insurance:
- Maximise your policy discounts
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Pay your insurance bill on time
- Set up automatic payments (you often get a discount for this)
- Bundle your home and auto insurance with the same carrier
- Meet with your agent annually to review your needs – don’t pay for what you don’t need
Saving money is important. One thing you should never consider as a cost-saving method is reducing your coverage amounts. It may be tempting to take a lower liability limit on your policy to save a few bucks. But we’ve seen it time and time again where having a lower liability limit ends up costing you more in the long run.
Make sure you work closely with your Insurance Advisor to determine your coverage needs and put a plan in place to make sure those needs are met at the best available price.